The mission of the Ayana J. McAllister Foundation is to deliberately engage minority communities disproportionately impacted by gun violence through advocacy and educational strategies.
Our intention is to significantly reduce incidents of homicide, suicide and acts of violence resulting from the irresponsible use of firearms by high risk individuals.
The specific purpose and objectives for the Foundation shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Influence policy decision making by engaging civic leaders and community stakeholders to reduce irresponsible gun use and its devastation in their communities.
- Promote personal and community safety through an aggressive gun violence agenda.
- Mobilize and engage minority groups at local, state and national levels.
- Recruit volunteers and community advocates to advance the interests of the Foundation.
- Provide developmental opportunities for minority youth specific to gun violence prevention through mentoring and scholarships.
- Facilitate and participate in training and educational forums that influence the policy making process for reduction of irresponsible use of guns.
- Obtain financial funding and support to aid in the accomplishment of the Foundations mission.
The McAllister Family